CLAO's Annual Meeting
( CE pending COPE approval )
Thursday, April 12th 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Fee For This Workshop: $175
CLAO, The Eye and Contact Lens Association Annual Meeting
*Followed by a complimentary workshop on Orthokeratology from 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- The Ocular Surface, Dry Eye, and Infections 8:00 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.
- 8:00-8:05 Welcome
- 8:05-8:15 Contact Lens Ulcers and Infiltrates: Terminology Matters!!-Deborah S. Jacobs MD
- 8:15-8:25 CIE-Corneal Inflammatory Events-Loretta Szczotka-Flynn OD, PhD
- 8:25-8:55 Dabezies Lecture: Pigmented Conjunctival Lesions-Carol Karp MD
- 8:55-9:05 CL Related Infections-Simple Protocol for Successful Outcomes-Deepinder K. Dhaliwal MD
- 9:05-9:15 Update on DEWS II-Christina Prescott MD, PhD
- 9:15-9:20 Discussion / Q & A
- 9:20-9:30 Sponsor Talk
- 9:30-9:45 Break
- 9:45-9:55 Informed Consent for Myopia Control-Thomas Aller OD
- 9:55-10:15 Orthokeratology-Indications and Challenges-Cary Herzberg, OD
- 10:15-10:25 Sponsor Talk
- 10:25-10:50 Stein lectureship - Contact Lens Safety: the CDC Perspective-Jennifer Cope, MD, MPH
- 10:50-10:55 Discussion / Q&A
- IMCLC International Symposium 10:55 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 10:55-11:10 Title TBD-Gudrun Bischoff, MD
- 11:10-11:25 Brazilian Experience in Scleral Lens for Regular Córneas-Izabela Godinho, MD
- 11:25-11:40 Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Keratitis Associated with Contact Lens Wear-Takahashi Suzuki, MD
- 11:40-11:55 CXL Usual and Unusual Use-Udo Heuer, MD
- 11:55-12:00 Conclusion
Orthokeratology Education Symposium 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
OrthoKeratology Educational Symposium- Introducing OrthoK and Myopia Control Into Your Practice. This two-hour symposium is part of the CLAO annual program and will introduce the participant to the field of OrthoK treatment of myopia and myopia control in children. The co-chairman will be Doctors Sami El Hage and Bruce Koffler. Other key speakers will be Dr. Caroline Cauchi, Tim Koch, and Dr. Nick Despotidis
Registration For This Course Includes: CLAO's Annual Meeting, functions, meals, lectures, and exhibit hall access for, Thursday April 12th.
Meeting Refund Policy: Full refund up to one month before the meeting date* Refund requests will be accepted until March 11th, 2018 (*Minus a $50 administrative fee).